Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Worth it Wednesday {Where do we Belong? A Problem Solving and Inferencing Activity}

It's one of my favorite days of the week, a time for me to show you awesome products that other bloggers are making! This week I'm bringing you a product from Shannon over at Speechy Musings. (You might remember I did another "Worth it Wednesday" post on another one of her products, Articulation Menus. You can find that here!)


Her product, "Where do We Belong?" has just recently made its appearance in my speech room, and I have to say, I'm sad I didn't find this sooner!! I have some kiddos on my caseload who were in need of a little higher level problem solving/inferencing skills, and this fits the bill perfectly.

What I love:
  • This is real life application! These are things that our students are actually going to have to consider later on in life. What kind of house do I need? What car do I buy? Which pet should I get? Most, if not all, of these things will be crossing their minds at some point in their life.
  • There are many opportunities for practice. Six families, houses, pets, and cars are included. Each family has a detailed description of what they are looking for in each of the three areas. Shannon does a great job really describing each different house, car, and pet to better help the student pick the correct one for each family.
  • Picture answer keys- enough said! Students can check their answers by matching it to the provided picture. Perfect for when you are doing this activity in a group.
  • There are blank family, house, car, and pet pages. Can I just say that I absolutely love that? Your students have the chance to think up their own situations- perfect for reasoning and higher level thinking skills! 
Does this sound like something you could use too? Check it out here! And while you're at it, go show Shannon some love on her Facebook, Blog, and Teachers Pay Teachers store.

What is a product that you've bought that has been worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment