Monday, September 9, 2013

Language Boxes for Older Students

If your caseload is anything like mine, it is chocked full of language goals. And if your students are anything like mine, they get bored. Fast. And the one thing that they love that will keep them interested is a game. I know, I know. You're probably thinking, not another game! (Because trust me, I was!) The thought of pulling out the game pieces, a generic game board my students have seen hundreds of times, and that electronic spinner that all the kids love so much (and I've loved to hate) makes me want a shot. Of caffeine of course :)

So I bring you back to the good old game of my childhood- the box game! (for the lack of a better name. If you know the actual name of this game I would love to know it!) The premise is simple, you have a grid of equally spaced dots that players take turns connecting to form a box. The part that makes this game fun is the strategy involved- draw too many lines of the same box and your opponent can complete it and claim it as their own! 

Add in some language goals and you have yourself a fun, exciting, and simple game that will hold your students' attention while they practice their IEP goals.


This 19 page download features:
  • 3 pages of synonym/antonym boxes (90 total words)
  • 2 pages of categories (60 total categories)
  • 2 pages of multiple meaning words (60 total words)
  • 1 page of homonyms (30 total pairs)
  • 2 pages of associations (60 total pairs) 
  • one blank page 
  • answer key for synonyms/antonyms and multiple meaning words 


See a preview page below...


You can find this product here! If you download, be sure to leave me some feedback. Not only does it let me and other potential buyers know how well you like my product, you also earn TpT credits to use towards future products!


No comments:

Post a Comment