Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Worth it Wednesday {Speech and Student Information Packet}

This week's Worth it Wednesday post features a product from Major Speech Pathology Fun by a Minor Girl: Speech and Student Information Packet



I grabbed this packet right before my first day of school on a whim, and I'm so glad that I did! Amy has included great questions used to address a student's speech goals as well as general information about the student. 

The list above indicates what you get with her packet- and trust me it's all great! I loved going through this packet with my kids on their first day. Some of the answers you get are hilarious (one kid said he prefers to be called "Dragon" in class!), some are frustrating (What do you like to do in speech? "Play games." What do you not like to do in speech? "Work." Grrrrr.), and some are pull-your-hair-out-you-have-got-to-be-kidding-me (No, Mrs. Schackmann, I don't know what any of my speech goals are.)

But overall, you truly learn a lot about your students (and they hopefully learn a lot about why/what they are working on in speech at the same time). 

My favorite part of this packet was the "Speech Contract." It's a wonderful list of speech rules for your students to follow. I love that they have to initial after each rule and then sign and date the bottom. It shows that they know what the rules are and that they agreed to follow them (something I think is great for administrators!). 

What I love:
  • The Speech Contract- a great comprehensive list of rules.
  • The variety of questions- I truly feel like I know my students better (especially about their home life).
  • You have the opportunity to go over your students' speech goals and talk about why they are working on those goals.
  • The speech time reminder sheet is great for giving to your students AND their teachers (you can never have too many reminders!).
  • The motivator sheet is wonderful. You get a good picture of what your student will work for, or won't work for.
The preceding thoughts are solely mine and were written on my own terms. No person asked me to write this review. 

Are you interested in getting this for your first days of speech? You can find it here! And while you're at it, visit Amy's Facebook, Teachers pay Teachers store, and blog

What is something that you thought was "worth it"?


1 comment:

  1. I am late on this, but THANK YOU for the nice write up! I posted about your blog on my FB page so hopefully you get some more readers out of it! i love your worth it wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete