Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Worth it Wednesday {Making Inferences / Drawing Conclusions with Text Messages!}

It's Wednesday again, and you know what that means, "Worth it Wednesday"! For those that don't know, every Wednesday I review a product that I have purchased on TpT and let you know why I thought it was "worth it" to buy. The author of the product didn't ask me to write anything, so you know my opinions aren't biased.

This week's product is from Mia over at Putting Words in Your Mouth. It's her Making Inferences / Drawing Conclusions with Text Messages!


I don't know about you, but a lot of the students on my caseload have goals for inferences. And if your students are anything like mine, all they can think about is their iPhone!! Thankfully, Mia thought to combine the best of both worlds and come up with a great product that will surely keep your students' attention.

There are 30 different text messages provided, as well as 6 special cards. She's even included blank cards for you to create your own, or have your students create their own!

What I love:
  • Mia combined something our students love with something they need to work on, how can you get better than that?
  • The text messages are relevant to your students' lives. They will be able to relate to what is being said, which is the best way to learn!
  • Mia provided so many different games to play with this product, I love having options!
  • I LOVE the blank cards. Mia gave a wonderful suggestion on her cover page to have your students make up their own text messages and draw inferences from those. You learn the most when you have to teach something yourself, so having your students make up their own cards will only help them!
  • You can target so many things with these cards- WH questions, categories, synonyms and antonyms, syntax, and more!
So have I convinced you to check it out yet?! You can find it here! And while you're at it, check out her Facebook, Blog, and TpT page.

The preceding thoughts are solely mine and were written on my own terms, no person asked me to write this review.

What product have you bought that you've thought was worth it?


2 comments:

  1. Sharon, what a cool surprise to find out you featured my product on Worth It Wednesday!! (great idea, by the way). I'm so glad you like it! I love that you totally "got" the reasoning behind why I made this- I couldn't have explained it better myself :) I think I'm as obssessed with my iphone as they are with their so we all have fun using this LOL Thanks for the shout out and linking my pages!

    Mia

    ReplyDelete