Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Worth it Wednesday {Common Core State Standards for Speech Pathologist}

I'm back with another great "Worth it Wednesday" post! This week I'm telling you why I think the "Common Core State Standards for Speech Pathologists" by Heather over at Language of Speech is most definitely worth it!

(sorry for blocking it out, I didn't think it was fair to Heather for me to show you all her hard work for free!)

I don't know about your district, but all I can hear about is "common core this" and "common core that"! But do you really have time to look at every standard for every grade just to find the one that you need? Well, Heather put together a GREAT resource for us. She has taken 15 different goal areas and has selected the relevant CCSS for each area for each grade! Talk about a lot of work!!

Areas included:
  • Articulation
  • Fluency
  • Grammar
  • Vocabulary
  • Categories
  • Word Relationships
  • Basic Concepts
  • Comprehension/WH questions
  • Main Idea/Details
  • Sequencing/Retell
  • Inferencing
  • Multi-step Directions
  • Clarifying Questions
  • Problem Solving
  • Pragmatics
What I love:
  • It is such a comprehensive list! 15 different areas are included-it can't get much better than that!
  • She not only took the time to research what standard fits best for each goal area, she also divided it by grade!
  • She made it SUPER easy to include CCSS in your lesson plans (which I know my administrators love!)
The preceding thoughts are solely mine and were written on my own terms, no person asked me to write this review.

Are you thinking this sounds like something you could use? Check it out here (don't forget to leave feedback if you download). And while your at it, visit her Facebook page and tell her that I sent you!

What product have you bought recently that you thought was worth it?

1 comment:

  1. I was reading about your new Idioms posters (which I am very excited for!), and came across this post. Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete