Friday, October 18, 2013

ABC's of my Speech Room {C is for...}


C is for the classic game, Connect Four! It seems that anything we do can be made better with this game...I have to say 100 words? But I can play Connect Four while we do it? Ok! (Sometimes the logic of these kids amaze me! But hey, I'm not complaining!!)

I use it during articulation and language therapy. We take take turns saying our target, like our artic word, a synonym/antonym, attributes of an object, etc, and then my student gets to take a turn. I usually let them take about 3 turns, so that it seems like they are playing a real game instead of having huge gaps between each turn. The kids have fun, and I get the data I need for their targets- it's a win-win!

What is a "c" from your speech room you can't live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment