Friday, October 11, 2013

ABC's of my Speech Room {B is for...}


B is for my absolutely-can't-live-without-take-with-me-everywhere-drive-out-of-the-way-to-get-it-if-I-forget-it binder. This thing is basically attached to my hip.

Why, you may ask? Because my speech therapy LIFE is in there! I keep my schedules for each of my schools in the front inside pocket and papers I need to carry back and forth between building in the back pocket.

Open my binder up to the first pages and you'll find my lesson plans. I just made up a simple table on Word. Each column top is a day of the week and the far right column is blank for notes. I manually wright in my students' names each week, simply because my schedule has changed so much lately I'm scared to put it in stone for 30 some more weeks :)




On the right hand side, I have tabs for all the students on my caseload. If you would open my binder up to one of the tabs, you would find an IEP Summary for the student including their goals and MPW (like I don't already have those written a billion other places). But since I travel between schools, it is nice to have quick access to info on every student on my caseload. 

After the IEP summaries I have my goal tracker page. Each month I get a percentage and write it in the appropriate column. It's made progress reports so much easier! You can find this form here!



So there you have it! Is your binder as important to you as mine is to me?? I would love to hear how you organize it!


No comments:

Post a Comment