Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Worth it Wednesday {ZAP Language Activity Packet}

I'm starting a new weekly feature called "Worth it Wednesday". Each week, I plan to review a product that I have purchased that I felt was "worth it" to buy. No one requested I do this review of their product, I'm doing it on my own free will.

With that being said, my first Worth it Wednesday is from The Speech Bubble (you can check out her blog here).


Her Language Activity Packet is a quick, simple, and incredibly fun game! The best thing about this packet is it includes all of her ZAP games: Categories, Synonyms, Antonyms, Multiple Meaning Words, Irregular Verbs, Singular and Plural Possessives, Singular and Irregular Plurals, and Singular and Plural Nouns- all in one comprehensive download!

Each game has similar rules. You cut out all the cards and put them in a bag or container. Your students take turns drawing out cards and performing the task. If they are correct, they keep the card, if they are wrong they put the card in a discard pile. The player with the most cards wins.

Now here comes the fun part- you also have ZAP cards in the bag. There are two types, regular ZAP cards and ZAP a Friend cards. If you draw a ZAP card, you have to put all your cards in the middle and start over. But if you draw a ZAP a Friend card, you can pick someone else to put all of their cards in the middle!

My students love this game, and I love how easy it is to play. Go check it out and let her know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment