Friday, December 13, 2013

ABC's of my Speech Room {H is for...}


"H" is for one of my favorite things- Highlighters! I have about 5 or 6 different colors and use them for literally everything. I highlight IEP due dates in my planner with yellow. When the meetings are actually scheduled, I write them in my planner and highlight them with pink (and white-out what I had highlighted in yellow). Things like early dismissals, team meetings, and special school events are highlighted in blue. But that's not all. I have post-it notes all over my desk, and, you guessed it, things are even highlighted on those!

My students love using highlighters, too! We use them on their artic pages, highlighting their sound in each of the words. They highlight words with their sounds in their Reading A-Z books. For my language kids, we highlight vocabulary words in their texts (obviously on photocopies, I do not condone highlighting things in their actual textbooks), the main idea, synonyms and antonyms, etc. We've even used them to color just to have some fun. 

How have you used highlighters in your room??

No comments:

Post a Comment