Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Fib Revealed!

I hope you enjoyed our Two Facts and a Fib blog hop! I know I enjoyed trying to guess everyone's fib. 


Now to reveal my fib! 

My entire county goes to one high school. Fact

I live in Jasper County, Illinois, a large county in the southern central region of Illinois. According to the 2010 Census, Jasper County covers 494.51 square miles and is home to a total of 9,698 people, which breaks down to less than 20 people per square mile. We have one private Catholic school that goes up to 8th grade. In the public school system, we have one grade school, one middle school (which is now housed in our high school) and one high school. I had 140 people in my graduating class.   

At one point or another in my childhood I had these animals as pets: cat, turtle, dog, and fish. Fact

My parents have had cats and dogs since my brother and I were little. One day, my brother and I found a turtle down by the creek near our house. We convinced our mom to let us keep it! We fed and took care of it for over a year. One morning, my mom woke up to the turtle crawling across the living room floor. Needless to say, from that day forward, we no longer had a turtle as a pet. Mom and dad did agree to let us get some fish as a replacement. Now my parents have a cat, while my husband and I have a dog. 

I am very musical and can play the clarinet, piano, and trumpet. Fib


I do consider myself a musical person. I have been in my school's band and chorus since I was in elementary school. I was an active member of my high school's marching and concert bands, as well as musicals and choir concerts. So which musical instrument do I know how to play? The clarinet! I didn't really have much of a choice when I started band in elementary school. My cousin had a clarinet that she gave to me to use, so it was either play that or play nothing. Good thing I was good at playing the clarinet! I did dabble around with my brother's trumpet, but I could never get it to sound quite right. Since I can read music, I am also able to punch out notes on a piano. However, I am far from saying that I can actually play the piano. Maybe one day!

Did you make the right guess? If you guessed C, congratulations! 

1 comment: