Friday, June 7, 2013

It's all new...

Well, I've finally done it. I've been thinking about joining this crazy blog world for a while now, and I finally found the time and the gumption to do it. Will I be successful? Who knows. Will I have fun along the way? Absolutely.

I'm starting my CFY this August and I am terrified excited! I will be a brand new SLP in a school where there was no permanent SLP for the previous school year. I know I'll have tons of evaluations, IEPs, and scheduling issues to work through. Not to mention being the newbie in the building. But alas, I know there was a reason I was offered this position and I am willing to take on the challenge. I can't wait to meet my students and their families and to make an impact in their lives. That's what this job is all about, right?

So for now, I'm just a new SLP trying out a new blog starting at a new school living my new life with me new husband in a new town. That's a lot of "new" isn't it?

Hopefully you'll find this blog useful and decide to follow along. I'll try to make it worth your while. Comment here, email me, let me know if there's any way I can help you or any topic you would like me to address. I can't wait to start this journey with you. This newbie is signing off for now. I plan to have some new material for you next time- so stay tuned!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment